Re: Output of printf command

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Keith Seitz wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, David Mc Kenna wrote:
>
> > This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=arm-elf".
>
> Ok, that's starting to make some sense. Cygwin hosts obviously don't have
> xterms (even those with XFree86, as far as Insight is concerned).
>
> I will check into this and get back to you.

Ok, I've checked into this, and it is a simulator problem. The ARM
simulator (sim/arm) doesn't use the gdb/sim callback interface for os-like
functions. It just does printf/fprintf and ignores that there might be a
ui on the other side.

I've modified src/sim/arm/armos.c to use the callback interface, and it
works for me for my simple testcase.

I've contacted some sim folks, and I'll send a note when/if this is fixed.
I don't know how this has gone unnoticed for so long.