Re: Patch ping

My bad...

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Elena Zannoni wrote:

> Tom Tromey writes:
>  > This patch has been unreviewed for a month:
>  >
>  >     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2001-11/msg00108.html
>  >
>  > Tom
>
> Yes, I didn't forget.  I was waiting for some comments on the insight
> changes. I am cc-ing that list.

I really don't know what to say. The only thing I know about this
function is from its comment:

   /* The lookup_symtab() in symtab.c doesn't work correctly */
   /* It will not work will full pathnames and if multiple */
   /* source files have the same basename, it will return */
   /* the first one instead of the correct one. */
   /* symtab->fullname will be NULL if the file is not available. */

I've created a simple testcase which looks like this:

$ ls *
foo*  foo.c

a:
foo.c

b:
foo.c

c:
foo.c

So we have four filenames called foo.c. Now if I change full_lookup_symtab
to skip what it does and ONLY call lookup_symtab, I cannot load any source
file from Insight. It just doesn't find any.

After applying this patch, everything seems to work again.

So, yes, please do check it in. We'll worry about any fallout later.

(Sorry for draggin' my *** so long on this.)