Re: Windows Error when I want to start arm-elf-gdb

kyle Loudon wrote:

> Keith,
>
> I too am running into the same problem as described in the mailing list
> about the Windows error when starting arm-elf-gdb. This is using Insight 5.0
> with the insight-tcl.pat patch applied. As instructed in the preceding
> emails, I went to check the version number under /src/gdb/gdbtk/ChangeLog,
> but I do not have this file, nor the gdbtk directory off the gdb or
> insight-5.0 directories. Here are the offending lines in the version of
> main.tcl that I have, if this is of any help:

Folks,

The Insight in GDB 5.0 has many, many bugs.   This code is from before
I got involved and fixed many bugs ages ago.

There are also bugs in the ARM target handling that were fixed at
approx. the same time period.

Please switch to a recent snapshot.  Try GDB 5.1 for instance,
which is a stable version
.
People who had similar problems and did so have reported that
their problems had gone away.

Regards to all,
Fernando

--