Re: Insight windows problems.

Ian,

OK so now I got the crashing problem. Running under GDB shows the following
at the point it crashes if this helps:

$ gdb -nw arm-elf-gdb
GNU gdb 5.0 (20010428-1)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /xgcc-arm/gnu/bin/arm-elf-gdb.exe

0x00b34555 in Tk_GetHWND (window=2426298)
    at /GNU-Source-Code/src/tk/win/tkWinWindow.c:150
150         return twdPtr->window.handle;
(gdb) load
You can't do that when your target is `child'
(gdb) run
The program being debugged has been started already.
Start it from the beginning? (y or n) y

Starting program: /xgcc-arm/gnu/bin/arm-elf-gdb.exe

0x00b34555 in Tk_GetHWND (window=2819414)
    at /GNU-Source-Code/src/tk/win/tkWinWindow.c:150
150         return twdPtr->window.handle;
(gdb) p twdPtr
No symbol "twdPtr" in current context.
(gdb) p twdPtr->window.handle
No symbol "twdPtr" in current context.
(gdb) p window
$1 = 1348694611
(gdb)

The actual code at the crash point looks thus :

HWND
Tk_GetHWND(window)
    Window window;
{
    TkWinDrawable *twdPtr = (TkWinDrawable *) window;
    return twdPtr->window.handle;
}

so window is passed OK but GDB claims that twdPtr does not exist, surely
that can't be right can it ???

Hope this helps, if you have got any further than this then I would be
pleased to aid in any way possible.

Andy Hare
www.ahare.btinternet.co.uk