Re: No step button using insight w/ remote target.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 10:13:33AM -0500, Fernando Nasser wrote:

> >  2) Downloading with the "target" menu using the "continue" run
> >     method and "set breakpoint" works OK, but when the
> >     breakpoint is hit, none of the step, next, continue,
> >     buttons are enabled.
> >
> >     Doing "step" or "next" from the console works fine, and I
> >     can set breakpoints by clicking in the source window, but
> >     the button-bar seems to be stuck in the wrong state.
>
> It seems that the notification that the target has stopped is not
> reaching the menu and toolbar objects...

There's a status message at both bottom that says something like "Program
terminated, 'Run' to restart".  I'm guessing the wrong "signal" value is
being seen somewhere.

> Grant, can you please start the Debug Window before you connect
> and let us know what is in there?
>
> If you set: GDBTK_DEBUG to 1, you'll have a Debug Window option in your
> View menu.  You can open it before you connect.
>
> I am not sure what is in your version.  Maybe you can also have a log
> written by setting GDBTK_DEBUGFILE to a file and setting the GDBTK_DEBUG to
> 1.

I'll try that tomorrow.  Is tracing the remote protocol packets a useful
thing to do or is the problem more likely to be elsewhere?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com