Re: remote target => putpkt: write failed: Permission denied.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 10:03:11AM -0500, Fernando Nasser wrote:

> You should not be connecting from the simulated console, specially
> in the 5.0 (old) version.
>
> Use the GUI menus to connect.

Yes, that's what I ended up doing (though I'm not keen on GUI menus, so I
generally just use "-nw" mode).

> There is a Target dialog for you to configure how and to where you want to
> connect and also menu options for connecting, disconnecting etc.

I see. The odd thing is that I've always connected via console commands when
I use the RDI target.  The main advantage is you can put the target commands
in the .gdbinit file so that you don't have to do the dialog business every
time.  You just type "gdb" and it connects to the target, downloads the
program, and gets everything ready to go.

> In the recent snapshots, after Keith's latest rewrites, it is
> possible that this kind of command issued from the Console Window
> properly notify the rest of the GUI (I'm not sure though), but in
> the version you are using it will just confuse it.

Yes, it certainly seems to when you use the "remote" target.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com