Re: gdb and insight

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 images@voyager.net wrote:

> 1.  When I run gdb.exe -nw, the program executes ok, but I don't
> know how to get it to be integrated with insight and DevC++.

Gdb doesn't integrate with Insight. Gdb and Insight are the same
executable, just omit the "-nw" (no windows) option, and Insight will run.

> 2.  When I enter "n" or "s" at the gdb prompt, the entire program
> executes instead of just one line as I was expecting.

What do "gdb -v" and "gcc -v" show? Are you building with debug info? What
target are you trying to use?

> 3.  Do the insight files have to be in a particular directory relative
> to the DevC++ bin directory?

I know very little about DevC++. I suggest you direct this part of your
query to some appropriate DevC++ list.