Re: gdb 5.0: a way to set tabs in .gdbinit?

[Moved to insight mailing list.]

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 jcunningham@dotcast.com wrote:

> Every time I launch gdb I end up setting the tabs to 2 (from default 8)
> using the "Preferences/Source" menu. It seems like the kind of thing I ought
> to be able to do from the command line or, better yet, with a line in local
> .gdbinit, but I haven't been able to find a way.

Gdb does not support this feature. It is unique to Insight.

You should need only specify this preference once: it should be saved into
your preferences file. If it is not remembering or applying this
preference, then there is a bug that we need to know about.