Re: No step button using insight w/ remote target.

Grant Edwards wrote:

> I'm using 5.0.92 from the development snapshot ftp directory
> configured for arm-elf target Linux RH6.2 host.  The target is
> an ARM7 single-board computer running RedBoot w/ GDB stubs.
>
> Evertying works swimmingly in -nw mode.
>
> Without the -nw option I run into a couple of problems:
>
>  1) Doing a "target remote /dev/ttyS1" command in the console
>     hangs gdb completely.
>
>  2) Downloading with the "target" menu using the "continue" run
>     method and "set breakpoint" works OK, but when the
>     breakpoint is hit, none of the step, next, continue,
>     buttons are enabled.
>
>     Doing "step" or "next" from the console works fine, and I
>     can set breakpoints by clicking in the source window, but
>     the button-bar seems to be stuck in the wrong state.

It seems that the notification that the target has stopped is not
reaching the menu and toolbar objects...

Grant, can you please start the Debug Window before you connect
and let us know what is in there?

If you set:
GDBTK_DEBUG
to 1, you'll have a Debug Window option in your View menu.  You can
open it before you connect.

I am not sure what is in your version.  Maybe you can also have a
log written by setting
GDBTK_DEBUGFILE
to a file and setting the GDBTK_DEBUG to 1.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com