Re: downloading binary file

Hugo Villeneuve wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I want to know if it is possible with insight to download a raw
> binary file to my board?

No, GDB (Insight is just the GUI to the GNU debugger, GDB) does not have
a command for that.  However, it does have all mechanisms to write to
the
target memory, so it would be easy to someone (you, perhaps?) to write
and add a command to read from a certain file format and write to the
target memory.

If you are interested, I can give you some pointers to the right code,
but you would have to sign an assignment of you code to the FSF
(Free Software Foundation) first, so that your command can be integrated
to GDB.

How does it sound?

-------

--