Re: [RFA] debug window updates

On Sunday 04 November 2001 11:03 am, Keith Seitz wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Martin M. Hunt wrote:
> > First it changes GDBTK_DEBUGFILE to be "insight.log" by default and will
> > write debugging information to it whenever GDBTK_DEBUG is nonzero.
>
> Initially, I was opposed to this change, but I've changed my mind. I
> seldom set GDBTK_DEBUG. I usually open by using "tk ManagedWin::open
> DebugWin" in the console, and this does not open a log file, so I'm cool
> with this.

That's the way it should be.  Setting GDBTK_DEBUG should be reserved for
serious debugging sessions where you want all the information logged.
Otherwise why use it?

Now to find out why control-F11 is broken except on Windows.

> > Second, it adds new filter options to the debug window.
> >
> > Finally it fixes several misc bugs.  See changelog.
> >
> > I am appending the updated online help. OK, the mailing list rejected
> > that so you'll just have to trust me :^)
>
> Ok, I think this looks okay. There is one thing that I don't like, and I
> am asking you to change this. (I admit, it's a pet-peeve of mine.)
>
> DebugWin::build_win, DebugWinDOpts::_all, the code uses integers to
>
> represent real things:

No problem. Changed to use strings and checked in.

--
Martin Hunt
GDB Engineer