Re: [RFA] debug window updates

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Martin M. Hunt wrote:

> First it changes GDBTK_DEBUGFILE to be "insight.log" by default and will
> write debugging information to it whenever GDBTK_DEBUG is nonzero.

Initially, I was opposed to this change, but I've changed my mind. I
seldom set GDBTK_DEBUG. I usually open by using "tk ManagedWin::open
DebugWin" in the console, and this does not open a log file, so I'm cool
with this.

> Second, it adds new filter options to the debug window.
>
> Finally it fixes several misc bugs.  See changelog.
>
> I am appending the updated online help. OK, the mailing list rejected that so
> you'll just have to trust me :^)

Ok, I think this looks okay. There is one thing that I don't like, and I
am asking you to change this. (I admit, it's a pet-peeve of mine.)

DebugWin::build_win, DebugWinDOpts::_all, the code uses integers to
represent real things:

> +    -variable ::gdbtk_de(filter_var) -value 0 -command [code $this _all]
> +  radiobutton $fr.1 -text "Messages from ONLY those classes selected below" \
> +    -variable ::gdbtk_de(filter_var) -value 1 -command [code $this _all]
> +  radiobutton $fr.2 -text "Only WARNINGS and ERRORS" \
> +    -variable ::gdbtk_de(filter_var) -value 2 -command [code $this _all]

and

> +  switch $::gdbtk_de(filter_var) {
> +    0 {
[snip]
> +      }
>      }
> -    set ::gdbtk_de(others) 0
> +    1 {
[snip]
> +      }
> +    }
> +    2 {
[snip]
> +      }
> +    }
>    }

Could you please change the integer to strings and switch on the string?
So instead of using "0", use something like "except_classes" and so on.

Otherwise, please check this in.

Thanks!