Re: [RFA] Address, line number and download progress.

Keith Seitz wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Ian Roxborough wrote:
>
> > this patch is part of the GUI enhancements we discussed the other
> > week.  It moves the address and line number fields to the lower
> > right of the window (on the status bar) and moves the download
> > progress meter from hiding behind the search box to hide behind
> > the address and line number on the status bar.
> >
> > 2001-10-15  Ian Roxborough  <irox@redhat.com>
> >
> >       * library/srcbar.itcl (SrcBar::create_buttons): Line number
> >       and address fields have been removed and added to the
> >       status bar.
> >       * library/srcwin.itb (SrcWin::_build_win): Add address and
> >       line number fields to status bar.  Moved download progress
> >       bar to status bar.
> >       (SrcWin::download_progress):  Use canvas on status bar.
> >       (SrcWin::location): Set line number and address on status bar.
> >       * library/srcwin.ith (SrcWin): Added new private variable.
>
> Ok, I think I owe you an answer on this...
>
> I don't know if others have tried it or not, but I think that it looks
> pretty good.
>
> However, I must admit, I would rather see this status bar code cleaned up
> instead of just whacking another thing into it. The SrcWin and the
> SrcTextWin are the two most complicated and confusing pieces of code that
> we have, and I think this just makes SrcWin more complicated.
>
> I think we need a status bar class now before I can really accept this. I
> know this is a bunch of work (rather trivial, I think), but it's now or
> never.
>
> I'm sure you don't have time to do this, but if you do find the time, let
> me know, or I will start it. I don't want to see us duplicate too much
> efffort here.
>
> (Maybe we should accept these patches and then separate out the statusbar?
> Fernando/Jim?)

I vote that we accept it now and we all do our best to get to the
cleanup
(I will do it if I can find the time).  I almost got to the StatuBar
class
once, when I run out of time.

I am aware of the risks of accepting the patch without the cleanup. But
Ian
has done a lot lately and this is sort of his last batch of UI changes,
wouldn't like to leave a bit of it out.

Unless Ian thinks he can do this bit more and create the GDBStatusBar
class...
Can you Ian?

--
Fernando Nasser