Re: [RFA] Address, line number and download progress.

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Ian Roxborough wrote:

> this patch is part of the GUI enhancements we discussed the other
> week.  It moves the address and line number fields to the lower
> right of the window (on the status bar) and moves the download
> progress meter from hiding behind the search box to hide behind
> the address and line number on the status bar.
>
> 2001-10-15  Ian Roxborough  <irox@redhat.com>
>
> 	* library/srcbar.itcl (SrcBar::create_buttons): Line number
> 	and address fields have been removed and added to the
> 	status bar.
> 	* library/srcwin.itb (SrcWin::_build_win): Add address and
> 	line number fields to status bar.  Moved download progress
> 	bar to status bar.
> 	(SrcWin::download_progress):  Use canvas on status bar.
> 	(SrcWin::location): Set line number and address on status bar.
> 	* library/srcwin.ith (SrcWin): Added new private variable.

Ok, I think I owe you an answer on this...

I don't know if others have tried it or not, but I think that it looks
pretty good.

However, I must admit, I would rather see this status bar code cleaned up
instead of just whacking another thing into it. The SrcWin and the
SrcTextWin are the two most complicated and confusing pieces of code that
we have, and I think this just makes SrcWin more complicated.

I think we need a status bar class now before I can really accept this. I
know this is a bunch of work (rather trivial, I think), but it's now or
never.

I'm sure you don't have time to do this, but if you do find the time, let
me know, or I will start it. I don't want to see us duplicate too much
efffort here.

(Maybe we should accept these patches and then separate out the statusbar?
Fernando/Jim?)