Re: Stack Window Problem [was: Re: DLLs and Insight...]

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Everybody is building without optimization, right?  Otherwise I wouldn't
> be surprised to hear that there could be screwed up.

Doh! I was _certain_ that I'd built without optimization. Being paranoid
now, I rebuilt tcl, tk, itcl, tix, and gdb. Backtraces are sane again.

> It there an -fomit-frame-pointer in there somewhere by any chance?

No.

> Final question:  What does the latest cygwin release version of gdb
> show?

For Ian's crash (open/dismiss global preferences, change application
focus), I get exactly the same output (now) with cygwin's gdb and the CVS
gdb. Sheesh. At least that little bit of stupidity is cleared up...

> >/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/msvcrt.dll                                 78001000
> >
> >[Is msvcrt.dll allowed???]
>
> Nope.  I wonder what's loading msvcrt.dll.

Hmmm. Still there. I tried running tclsh, wish, etc under gdb. "info
shared" shows msvcrt.dll showing up in wish83.exe.