Re: Stack Window Problem [was: Re: DLLs and Insight...]

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 12:48:29PM -0800, Keith Seitz wrote:
>On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Ian Roxborough wrote:
>
>> Here is how I am reproducing this problem:
>>
>> -> ./gdb ./gdb.exe
>> -> break Tcl_Realloc
>> -> run
>> -> bt
>> {Notice that everything should be normal}
>> -> s
>> {We change stack levels}
>> -> bt
>> {The stack frame called "Tcl_Realloc" is
>>  now called "Tk_FreePixmap"}
>>
>> Does anybody else have a current up-to-date Windows build
>> they could try to reproduce this with?  With Windows it's
>> hard to tell if it's something specific to my machine
>> or the code.
>
>Didn't we ascertain last time that gdb was messed up w.r.t. dlls? See the
>"FYI: DLL breakpoint bug [was: Re: DLLs and Insight...]" thread.

If gdb is messed up wrt DLLs then I wouldn't be able to use it to debug
cygwin.

I've been checking in fixes for the last few weeks for dll handling.

>From the description, it really sounds like there are two different versions
of the DLL on the system and either GDB or tcl has found the wrong one.

I previously suggested using the 'dll' command to load symbols.  'info shared'
will also show the list of loaded dlls.

cgf