Re: Problems building TCL for insight on cygwin & win2k

Keith,

Have been trying some different things with the makefies within the tcl
directory. Biggest change was to do a make clean from within the tcl
directory and suddenly the build inside cygwin completes without a problem.
The difference is that no the compile lines have the define
'-DNO_UNION_WAIT=1' and that ensures that the tclunixport.h gets the right
definition of WAIT_STATUS_TYPE.

Another issue is that now doing a make clean in tcl, does a make all in the
cygwin subdirectory. It also does a build in the win subdirectory and I had
to add -mwin32 to the subdir makefile in order that the win32 header files
get included otherwise the build fails in these directories.

I am now getting an update of the cvs and will try a config again in a blank
build directory and then compare the makefiles that work currently to those
that get generated by the config.

Hope some if this helps others to get a better idea of what is going on.
Will report back when I have the new config done.

Andy Hare
www.ahare.btinternet.co.uk