Re: Problems building TCL for insight on cygwin & win2k

Ian,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Roxborough" <irox@redhat.com>
> I'm not sure my suggestion is correct.  This could be a bug in
> tcl/cygwin/configure.in where some how -mno-win32 isn't being
> set in the tcl/cygwin build.  I think you are right, setting
> CC="gcc -mwin32" shouldn't break the build.

The makefile generated in tcl/cygwin is definitely not producing a flag
of -mno-win32, however removing the CC="gcc -mwin32" from both the config
generation line and the make line ensures that the tcl/cygwin/makefile uses
the ../unix includes and not the ../win includes. I would look at the config
scripts for the tcl/cygwin but I do not understand these scripts and would
not know what I am looking for, sorry.

Andy Hare
www.ahare.btinternet.co.uk