[update] Windows crashing problem...

Hi,

I seem to have found the cause of the Insight crashing on
Windows (well one cause, there maybe others as well).

Seemingly random crashes when application focus is lost.

Instructions on reproducing this bug can be found here:
  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2001-q4/msg00160.html

The cause:
The combobox and modal dialog class don't get along.
Some how the popup toplevel part of the combobox get's
left behind when the modal dialog is destroy.  Sooner
or later this remaining window sends a message to Tk's
WmProc, but since the combobox was delete when the
dialog was deleted Tk knows nothing about the ghost
toplevel and freaks out in the form of a stackdump when
it tries to retrieve info on the Window.

The Fix:
I'm going to try and track down the why combobox popup
toplevels are being left behind as ghost windows when
used in modal windows.

If you can't wait for a fix, you can change the:
  ::delete object $this
in ModalDialog::post in modal.tcl to something like:
  wm withdraw [wm toplevel [namespace tail $this]]
this should stop the crash as well (not in a nice way).

More updates as I fix/find problems...

Ian.