Re: Problems building TCL for insight on cygwin & win2k

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Actually, now I understand.  This *would* be a problem.  Ian's
> suggestion was correct.  If you use this option in the cygwin directory
> it will probably screw things up since the cygwin directory needs to use
> the -mno-win32 option. So, you'll end up doing a:
>
> gcc -mwwin32 -mno-win32 ...
>
> who knows what that will do?

-mno-win32 will override -mwin32, I'm not sure why (maybe just flag order).

> Sorry for confusing things by suggesting that it was incorrect to do
> what Ian suggested.

I'm not sure my suggestion is correct.  This could be a bug in
tcl/cygwin/configure.in where some how -mno-win32 isn't being
set in the tcl/cygwin build.  I think you are right, setting
CC="gcc -mwin32" shouldn't break the build.

Ian.