Re: Problems building TCL for insight on cygwin & win2k

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Andy Hare wrote:

> Have now re-built the config and the run the make in the /build/tcl
> directory. Problem still exists with the missing #defines for MASK_SIZE and
> SELECT_MASK. Tried Ians suggestion of -mno-win32 and now the tcl stuff
> compiles without a problem. So I will look at the way tcl is configured to
> see if I can find the problem and the missing -mno-win32.

Hmm. I don't understand why this doesn't work for you, but it works for
me. What is gcc -v?

> Thanks for all your help, I will go back modify the make files in the tcl
> and then continue.

This should not be necessary. I am really confused about why it is.

Does the repository build for anyone else out there? I can do a checkout
and build it as-is with the latest cygwin (1.3.3) and the gcc distributed
with it (gcc-2.95.3-5 cygwin special).

I am confused.