Re: FYI: DLL breakpoint bug [was: Re: DLLs and Insight...]

Keith Seitz wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Ian Roxborough wrote:
>
> > > This is odd. I would not expect entering the breakpoint at the console
> > > prompt to change the breakpoint. Does "info break" show the right
> > > location? What does "tk gdb_get_breakpoint_info BKPT#" show?
> >
> > Both show the same as the breakpoint window (i.e. the breakpoints set
> > in the wrong places).
>
> My initial reaction to this is "it's not possible". Entering "break
> foo.c:124" is the same whether or not its done at the command line or at
> the console prompt. The only difference is that when Insight is around, an
> event is sent to the gui.
>
> I would expect to see problems with the Func Browser or the SrcWin, since
> these use different mechanisms for setting breakpoints than the console
> window.

Is there anything that resets the breakpoints for any reason?

The response from setting the breakpoint in the console would indicate
that the breakpoint was correctly set.  However, looking at the breakpoints
window or querying the breakpoint from the console says it's not.

> Something really weird is going on, and I guess the only way to resolve it
> is to debug it. I will see if I can get to it tonight.

Sure, the crashing problem might be a bit annoying, but shouldn't stop you
looking at that part of Insight.  Hmmmm, maybe I should build Insight with
Tcl/Tk8.4 and see if the problem still persists.

Ian.