Re: Patch ping

On 17 Oct 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I have a couple pending patches.  If you don't want pings like this,
> tell me and I won't send them.

By all means: remind me when I forget!

> A simple fix for the M-b binding:
>
>     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2001-q4/msg00058.html

I thought that I approved this long, long ago? Hmmm. Don't see anything.
Please commit.

> Load sessions at startup and in response to the `file' command:
>
>     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2001-q4/msg00056.html

I played with this a bit, and I could only find two small problems, which
I am not sure really require fixing. Here's what I tried...

$ gdb/gdb gdb/gdb <WORKED>
$ gdb/gdb ~/sources/linux/gdb <WORKED>
$ ./gdb ./gdb <DID NOT WORK>
$ gdb/gdb ../linux/gdb/gdb <DID NOT WORK>

In all cases, the same gdb executable was targetted.

(I was pleasantly suprised, though, that using File->Close did
everything it needed to do.)

I don't know if this can be easily fixed, or if we even want to, but it
seems (at worst), that we could do something like:

proc SESSION_exe {exe_name} {
  global tcl_platform

  # get real directory for gdb_exe_name
  if {[string compare $tcl_platform(platform) "windows"] == 0} {
    set file [ide_cygwin_path to_win32 $exe_name]
  } else {
    set file $exe_name
  }
  set dir [file dirname $file]
  set cdir [pwd]
  cd $dir
  set dir [pwd]
  cd $cdir
  return [file join $dir [file tail $file]]
}

proc SESSION_exe_key {exe_name} {
  set name [SESSION_exe $exe_name]
  return gdb/session/$name
}

Putting SESSION_exe_key in a session_load, session_save, and
session_notice_file_change should help us to fix these problems.

?