Re: [RFA] fix tab size spinner

"Martin M. Hunt" wrote:

> Some prefs use "apply" and some don't.  We need to either fix the apply
> button or remove it.  We also need to fix closing the dialog so it does the
> same thing as hitting "OK".
>
> Anyone feel strongly about the need for "Apply"?  Is there a problem with
> having options apply themselves immediately?

The idea of the Apply button is that you could try changing something
without
closing the dialog box.  So you can try it, see how it looks and if you
don't
like, try another thing or set it back to what it was before.

W.r.t. having the preferences take effect as they are changed on their
controls is not the most usual way.  The argument is that your finger
can slip
or something and you get some weird effect by mistake -- it works like a
confirmation.  A stronger argument is that some preferences are
composed, i.e.,
you must select more than one control (like font and size) and a partial
change
may not be desirable.

I would prefer to fix the Apply button, but whatever the majority
decides is
OK with me.

--
Fernando Nasser