Re: Note on stack window

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Seitz <keiths@cygnus.com> writes:

Keith> This sounds reminiscent of a uncaught longjmp, probably in
Keith> varobj. I hacked at varobj all day Friday, and I did notice a
Keith> few uncaught gdb functions. (The way varobj is written, the
Keith> code should NEVER longjmp.)

Also I think there's a bug in Insight in that there was no visible
variable tooltip -- the mouse was over the stack up/down buttons, not
the source window.  I would have expected the varobj to have been
destroyed at this point...

Keith> The other possibility: does this happen when you re-run an
Keith> executable?

Nope.

Keith> This is bad because all the data that varobj uses is actually
Keith> in gdb obstacks. That's what makes varobj pretty fast: it just
Keith> moves pointers around.

In the past I've noticed that having the Watch window up and then
re-running the inferior will induce crashes.  Maybe it is better now;
I don't know.  I've avoided the Watch window after one too many
crashes :-(

Tom