Search in Insight (was Re: More screen shots...)

Quite some time ago I did a set of Text Widget bindings for Bell Labs
that emulated the Emacs incremental search.  I don't have the code any
more, because it belonged to AT&T - sigh.  But it didn't take more than
a day or so to do, and IIRC was very straightforward.  I even got the
backup behavior right, etc.

This seems to me more the way to go for Insight than a popup box.  In
the debugger pane you don't want a heavy-weight search, you want:
"quickly find the next occurrence of this" type behavior.  I think the
incremental search would be a great way to provide this capability, and
wouldn't require an extra widget, popup window or anything.

Sadly, I am not volunteering to do this, my hands are very full at
present.  But I assure you it is not at all hard to do, so you might
think about it yourselves.  I bet Tom could whip this up in short order,
seems like it is right up his alley :-)

BTW, though I haven't got any time to contribute, it makes me really
happy to see this much effort being put into Insight!!!  Thanks, folks!

Jim

--
Jim Ingham                                   jingham@apple.com
Developer Tools - gdb