Re: question about tclIndex

On 2 Oct 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> How do I regenerate tclIndex with the new itcl?
> The old itclsh program doesn't seem to exist.
> At least, I don't have it.

I don't know... It works for me because I keep an installed copy of
itclsh3.0 around.

Well, I tried hacking at src/gdb/gdbtk/library/Makefile and, well, it is
an interesting dilemma. We could change the rule to

tclIndex: $(TCL) Makefile
	echo "package require Itcl 3.0; auto_mkindex `pwd` $(TCL)" | $(TCLSH)

But what to use for tclsh???

So now we have two options:
1) Assume developers have tclsh and itcl installed or let them define
TCLSH on the command line when generating tclIndex
2) Change the build and install process to build tclIndex

Any votes?