Redhat Linux and sendmail

Dear Friends,

I want to deploy an e-mail solution for approximately 1000 users. I want
to know the following things,

1> do i need to use redhat high availability server for this? I agree that
the high availability server features are desirable for this scenario but
is it a MUST ?

2> how do I have a feature like 'global address list' in the solution ? By
this I actually mean that I should have a list of all the e-mail boxes
which will be maintained automatically as and when the boxes are added or
deleted and this list should be available to all the e-mail users.

Kindly help me out.

With regards,

Goutam Baul