Building Insight on Cygwin (bad interpreter)

I have insight-5_0.tar.gz un-tarred within Cygwin using "tar zxvf
insight-5_0_tar.gz" to insight-5.0 and am now ready to install.

(GNU bash, version 2.05.0(6)-release (i686-pc-cygwin))

Quote:

"It is now possible to automatically configure and build a variety of
tools with one command.  To build all of the tools contained herein,
run the ``configure'' script here, e.g.:

        ./configure
        make
"

but I get the following 'bad interpreter" error whenever I try to run
configure, config.sub or any such install proceedures.

$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I've got cygwin to compile my code for the SH4 processor and these work
as I've downloaded via simple bootloader but I'd like to be able to use
GDB for debugging. Can you help?

This must be a simple error I'm making or step I've missed. Thanks

Pete

 E-mail Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer

  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited.
  E-mail messages are not necessarily secure.  Hitachi does not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was sent.
  Please note that Hitachi checks outgoing e-mail messages for the presence of computer viruses.

begin:vcard
n:Betts;Peter
tel;home:peter@temporal-reality.co.uk
tel;work:peter.betts@hmse.com