Re: Insight GUI for GDB for mips target

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Rob Snyder wrote:

> We have gdb configured for a remote target = mips-ecoff
> and host = i686-pc-cygwin
>
> We want to use insight windows GUI on top of this version of GDB.
>
> What is the best way to go about installing that?  I tried a cygwin
> installation from the web, but it only installed gdb to run on the PC and
> not the remote target.

You will need to get the sources for insight from
http://sources.redhat.com/insight and build a mips-ecoff version. Unlike
other debuggers based on gdb, Insight is built INTO gdb: they are the same
executable.

When you build and install from these sources, you should have yet another
"mips-ecoff-gdb", which will give you Insight. Using "mips-ecoff-gdb -nw",
you can supress the gui and use the command line.