Tcl/Tk 8.3 upgrade...

Hi,

so I've been making progress on the Tcl/Tk upgrade, gdb/gdbtk
was relatively plainless (ok, but who do I talk to about
expect...).

So there is only one more gdbtk testsuit failure with tcl/tk 8.3
than with the current tcl/tk version:

   gdb.gdbtk/srcwin.exp: variable balloon test (srcwin-5.1)

Are they any "how to reproduce" steps for the tests?  I tried what
I thought the test was checking for (hold the mouse pointer
over a variable and wait to see the balloon containing the variables
value), but this worked, so I don't really know why this test is
failing.

The other problem with gdbtk is that it's using a hacked
tcl_findLibrary.  I've got two solutions to this problem:

 1) Rename the current tcl_findLibrary to gdb_findLibrary and
 put it somewhere else.

 2) Forget the hacked tcl_findLibrary and rename the gdbtk installed
 library directory from ".../share/gdbtcl" to ".../share/gdb1.0". This
 what I had been doing until I found out about the hacked tcl_findLibrary.

There is also the option of just using the hacked tcl_findLibrary
proc as we currently do, but I'd really like to see us do away with
the local Cygnus changes, slowly moving towards the goal of running
with pre-installed Tcl/Tk versions.

Ian.
--
What would Jenna Bush do?