Re: Separate preferences for native and cross debugger in Insight.

Ton van Overbeek wrote:

> On June 5 I submitted a small patch to use separate gdbtk.ini files
> for native and cross debuggers.

It is a small patch, but it represents a significant change.

I would particularly like to hear some comments from Tom Tromey about
this change.  He has spent some time thinking about the way we organize
preferences and have created our "session" facilities.

BTW, I wonder if the "sessions" code should not be enough to solve your
original problem...

> Up till now I have not seen any reaction on the list, or received
> any comments.
> If I did anything wrong in submitting my patch, please tell me.
> It is not clear to me if Insight follows the same rules/paper work
> as gdb. If that is the reason I'll be glad to submit a form.
>
> So, should I resubmit my patch in a different form, complete a
> form, or did nobody notice it ?

No, your submission was correct.  You must understand that Open Source
projects are based on volunteer work and people have day-time jobs.
Eventualy we get hold up by work and some backlog builds up.  But do
feel free to 'ping' us if you suspect you submission may have gone
unoticed (yes, it may happen with so many e-mails).  Maintainers usually
apreciate that people do that.

And, regardless of what people decide (make this change or not), thank
you for taking the time to do this.

> P.S. IMHO the Insight logo on the new webpages should also appear in the
>      Insight about box.

Good idea.  I will ask for someone to put together something like that
for us and post it to the list.

Regards,
Fernando

--