Re: My wish list

Randall Rathbun wrote:

> Dear Insight(ful) people:
> I bought the Cygnus GNUPro toolkit about 18 months ago and immediately fell
> in love with it.
> The visual debugger is light years ahead of anything else that I've come
> across.

Thank you.

> Now with my change from Caldera OL 2.3 to RH 7.1, I found my cygnus compiler
> doesn't
> (re)make or install.... Oh well.... I talked with the folks at RH today and
> they said look up
> the "Insight" people and there you are!!! whew! what a relief.
>
> I have two wish list items -
>
> 1. When looking at a variable value in one window, I wanted to cut and paste
> it into a regular
> rxvt or xterm window, or even a vim session, but could not do it.  Is this
> possible somehow?

You are saying that <CNTL-C> does not work in the variable windows...

> 2. Would love to have a global variable list or menu item added so I can see
> globals too. It is
> hard to look at them when no window exists other than the command window
> "print this_global"

I guess it would have to be something like the Function Browser, but with global variables (we may be able to reuse the code or make the Window work for both purposes based on a mode selection).  You could then request that some of the variables be added to the Watch Window.

Thank you.  IMO this is a good addition to the TODO file.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com