Re: Angel not present

Daniel.Andersson@combitechsystems.com wrote:

> Yes, you were right, i was running an old version on gdb. Now that i have
> upgraded the gdb i can connect to the target (using "target rdi"), but only
> with 9600. Is this some form of maximum using angel? Is it possible to
> download a gdb stub so that i can increase the debugging speed, and if so,
> how do i do that?

Daniel,

I use GDB with Angel almost every week, and I do so at 115200
(reliably).

A few known problems:

1) A bug in the ARM AEB board (used to sell at $150 -- now discontinued)
where the board disrespected the documented protocol and the client code
that ARM gave us and the board monitor did not properly raised the speed
(in RDI, it all starts at 9600 and them both switches to the higher
possible speed).  When we (someone from the net and I) tried to get a
fix from ARM they told us to buy the new development board ($250 -- out
of stock at the time).

2) Old versions of Cygwin had a problem with the serial port.  The
higher the speed the higher the probability of this problem to manifest
itself.  When it happens, the communication stops.  Solution: get a
recent Cygwin.  This may be what Lewin is referring to.

3) GDB 5.0 (now very old) also had problems in ARM support.  If I am not
mistaken, the higher speeds were missing from the Target Selection
dialog.  We are having to recommend a recent GDB snapshot for whoever is
debugging ARM (specially with Angel) until GDB 5.1 is out.

Regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser