Re: Redirecting Standard Input

Scott, please send your messages as plain text.  Not all e-mail
readers can handle HTML.

> "Scott A. Hill" wrote:
>
> I have a small Fortran project that reads a data file from standard input in order to obtain required paramaters.  Normally, the code is executed with the following command
>
>     ./multivar < multivar.inf
>
> During debugging sessions on my NT 4.0 box (using GDB 5.0 & cygwin 1.1.7), GDB  or bash is not redirecting the input file to standard input.  However, on my Win98 machine at home, the debugging session runs as anticipated.  The command I use to initiate the debugging session on either machine is
>
>     gdb ./multivar < multivar.inf
>
> Now for my question.  Am I doing something wrong on the NT box or is NT doing something that won't allow the redirection?  I did a search on the mail list archives but couldn't find anything.  I'd appreciate any information.  Also, please respond back to me since I'm not a member of this list.  Thanks

Maybe you should post to the Cygwin list.  You can find the list address at:

        http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/

However, can't you avoid this problem by reading your data from a separate
file instead of standard input?  You can even do that while you are
debuging only.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com