Re: I wish....

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Weirdly, #1 seems hard to implement.  Options in the global preference
> window directly manipulate the underlying preference values.  This
> rules out the obvious implementation of adding a preference hook to
> the console window which dynamically tracks the underlying options.
> (I actually think this is a bug in the preference window.)

OOOHHHHHH. Is THAT how it's supposed to work? I never did figure that
out. The convention I noticed somewhere was to create a "reconfig"
method which would get called whenever ANY preference changed. Not very
nice, but it worked...

You're right, though: we need to allow the preference hooks to run. It
would be SO much easier. The whole preferences code is amongst the
oldest (== really screwed up). I see that Martin continued on this silly
route when he did the managedwin rewrite...

Sigh.