Re: Phasing out tix

Gianandrea Rigoni wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> why phasing out Tix when it is currently mantained
> and it seems to be revamped?

When this decision was made it was not.

But the real question now is the opposite: why to use Tix?

We are using itcl, and several of the Tix widgets are available
as iwidgets, what makes it more convenient for us to use.

The only widget we really need Tix for is the tixTree.  It, however,
does not have some of the features we would like.

But we badly need a few things from BLT (like "busy") and BLT has a Tree
that seems to be more powerful that the tixTree.

We cannot have too many Tcl tools in our source tree and linked to gdb for
obvious reasons, so we opted for BLT as it is being maintained and Tix, at
the time, was not.

I am very glad to hear that Tix is being maintained now.  Not because of
this project, but because it may be useful for other Tcl/Tk projects.

With regards to Insight, though, I don't see any reason to keep it.
If you think there are good reasons for keeping it, please let me know.

Regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser