Re: Buffer Overflow Patch in GDB/TCL Interface code.

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Syd Polk wrote:

>Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:20:54 -0700
>From: Syd Polk <spolk@redhat.com>
>To: Fernando Nasser <fnasser@cygnus.com>
>Cc: insight@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: Re: Buffer Overflow Patch in GDB/TCL Interface code.
>
>My only concern is whether this call, asprintf, is available on all platforms.

IMHO, calls to any functions such as this, are just oddball
memleak situations waiting to happen.  I've never heard of
asprintf before myself..  Shouldn't it also be asnprintf() to
avoid a potential overflow?  Sorry if not, as I haven't looked at
the actual usage in the code.  Just some thoughts to share..

Take care!
TTYL

      Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Open source advocate
              Computer Consultant - Capslock Consulting
                 Copyright 2000 all rights reserved

If you're interested in computer security, and want to stay on top of the
latest security exploits, and other information, visit:

http://www.securityfocus.com