Re: RFC: gdbtk/TODO file

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Fernando Nasser wrote:

> I have been asking you for suggestions and collecting things to
> create a TODO file for Insight.

> TODO:

I would add:

1) Generic way to set a BP at a given line or function.

Add a entry widget to the breakpoints dialog perhaps?

2) Improved ability to attach to a given process.
Right now, the process listing code "exec ps -ef"
is totally broken on most platforms.

> If you find inaccuracies in this list, please send mail to
> insight@sourceware.cygnus.com.  If you would like to work on any
> of these, you should consider sending mail to the same address, to
> find out whether anyone else is working on it.
>
>                 New Features and Enhancements
>                 =============================
>
> Display of the target program output.  Perhaps use the XTerm hack created
> by Tom.

It would also be nice if insight (well gdb actually) could be fixed
so that it did not freeze up when run as a background process.
This is a bug but it is also a major "gdb" thing that might
require a lot of work to fix.

> Migrate to Tcl/Tk 8.2

That should be Tcl/Tk 8.3.2 now.

> Fix/revamp the gdbtk testsuite.

I am currently working on a GUI app testing system for
Source-Navigator. It might be a good idea to use
something like it for Insight too. Still, this
is something that will not be "ready" until
the next GnuPro release.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc