Re: Insight debugging remote targets

Thanks for the information.  The code that I am
modifying uses monitor.c.  Around monitor.c line 2250
there is code:

  if (exec_bfd)
    write_pc (bfd_get_start_address (exec_bfd));

    inferior_pid = 0;       /* No process now */

I found that before a load, at monitor_wait(),
inferior_pid was 42000, after a load it was 0.
Clearly that's what the code above does, but nothing
was setting it back to 42000.  I commented out the
assignment to inferior_pid.  With this out, a "run" from the command
line produces a dialog box (on NT) that warns me that
a program is already being run.  If I tell it to go
ahead, everything seems to work.  The window controls
work also.  If I use the GUI alone, it seems to work
and I do not get a warning when I click on the run
button.

I looked at the file that you pointed me to and
I did not see you setting inferior_pid to 0 after
a load, and generic_load did not do it either, so
taking it out of monitor.c seemed OK (but the comment
that follows worries me).

Is this the right thing to do?

Thanks,
Michael