Re: My insight ;(

Nicolas Durieu wrote:

> I've a RedHat-6.2 with cc,gcc....
> on GNOME
>
> i untar insight .. no problem
>
> i go to ../insight
>
> i do "./configure"  without prb
>
> i do "make" ... non Prb
>
> i do "make install" and at the install of itcl library Linux say"i dont find
> mkinstalldir"

Hmmm.... I just grabbed insight+dejagnu-20000519 Monday, configured,
built and installed it without a problem. I am also using RedHat 6.2.

I do things a little differently than you, though. I NEVER configure
inside the source directory (old Cygnus habit). So all I did is:

$ tar zxvf insight.tar.gz
$ mkdir linux; cd linux
$ ../insight+dejagnu-20000519/configure
$ make all-gdb; make install-gdb

And POOF! Out comes a fresh copy of gdb installed in /usr/local. I even
tried just doing a "make; make install" and that worked just fine, too.
Can you give us the EXACT error message? (Paste the output of your make
into an email and send it to the list. Also please include the output of
'head config.status' in your object directory.)

What happens when you run the command "find . -name mkinstall\* -print"
at the top of your sources? Here's what I get:

$ pwd
/anywhere/atall/kseitz/cygnus/insight/insight+dejagnu-20000519
$ find . -name mkinstall\* -print
./mkinstalldirs
./itcl/config/mkinstalldirs
./expect/mkinstalldirs
./dejagnu/mkinstalldirs
$ ls -l itcl/config/mkinstalldirs
-rwxrwxr-x   1 kseitz   kseitz        650 Feb  6 16:19
itcl/config/mkinstalldirs

Does your tree look any different?

Don't worry: we'll get to the bottom of this.
Why chat when you can Firetalk?
Firetalk ID: Keith (10320)
www.firetalk.com