Re: console

Tom Tromey wrote:

> A few weeks ago I sent Jim some code to let Insight use xterm as the
> console window.  But while debugging gcc I've come to realize that
> this is overkill for many applications.
>
> gcc has some very complex data structures and some functions to print
> these out.  I'd like to use these, as opposed to Insight's display
> features, because the gcc functions are still easier to use.  However,
> having a separate xterm (right now, the xterm from which I started
> gdb) for this is a pain.
>
> So, in some situations at least, it would be very convenient to have
> the inferior's stdout be shown in the gdb console window.

Ha! Trivial ;-^

I believe the work required goes something like this:

	o	get insight / GDB sharing a common
		event loop (the TK one I guess)

	o	have the program output routed
		to gdb where it can in turn (gdb_stdtarg)
		route it through to the console

it should be possibile to attack the two parts fairly independantly.

	Andrew