Re: Problems with Insigt and cygwin1.dll

Andy Hare wrote:

> OK Guys,
>
>     late last night I reloaded Insight into GDB and disassembled the
> addresses given in my original note. The address at 4fcafd is in fact the
> address immediately following the select call in Unix_ReadSerial just as
> Fernando suggested earlier. My next problem is to rebuild cygwin from the
> sources in debug mode and then to start tracing the calls through, if there
> are any pointers to building a debug version I would be grateful as I have
> not built cygwin from the sources before. I will let you know how I get on
> but it may not be until the weekend before I get a decent run at the
> problem.

We can guide you through that.

Just expand the cygwin source tree in one directory.

create a work directory, lets say "build" and cd there.

Run "../configure"

And after "make -w"

You should have a "newcygwin1_dll" or something similar (I forgot) in the winsup directory.  It is compiled with
debugger symbols by default.

When you get to this point, e-mail me and we can continue from there.

Thanks for attempting this.

Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser