Re: Insight/GDB: ocd reg command not available.

"Dr. Leon Pollak" wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> > Not that I know of.   I have one of the first Insight snapshots.  I cross-compiled
> > it for the cygwin environment and I use the wiggler DLL.  Is this your setup or do
> > you use a Linux machine with a serial or ethernet connection ?
>         After the big project of mine I have done with CodeWarrier (BDM with
> wigglers.dll and their debugger), I return back to Linux+BDM rproxy.
>         I tested the Cygwin configuration (this is what you use, I suppose)
> about 1.5 years ago, it was so slow in downloading, that I rejected it and
> decided to look for something more suitable (hello.exe from RTEMS was
> downloaded about 45sec).
>         Do you have different situation today?

We use the DiabData compiler for the PowerPC and the SDS SingleStep debugger all running
under MS-Windows.  This is not my preferred development environment but it is what I have
to use.  I have cross-compiled gcc and insight to run in the cygwin environment and
targetting the powerpc.
As it happens, I have just ported our application code to compile with gcc.  I tried to
download it to the board into DRAM via the bdm but I could not setup the registers,
memory controller, etc as the "ocd reg" command was not available.  I don't if it has
changed or if it is now in the CVS repository.

> > I need to get an updated Insight that supports more BDM commands like "ocd reg".  I
> > will wait a while till the dust settles down from the binutils/gdb source repository
> > merger.
>         You are right. How do you know about this clouds of dust?

There has been quite a bit of discussion on the GDB mailing list in the last 2 weeks
about the binutils CVS repository moving to sourceware.cygnus.com.  The gdb repository is
now merged with the binutils repository.

Brendan Simon.