Re: insight

Andy,

If you did install this in a common location, then you will probably
have to do something like install the package in a temporary location,
then write a script that traverses the /tmp/insight tree, and in
parallel the normal prefix tree, and removes all the files in the
latter that are also in the former.

If you still have the build tree around, you can do the first step with:

make install-gdb prefix=/tmp/insight

The problem with this is that if you had tcl8.0, tk8.0 or Itcl3.0.1
installed on your machine in the same prefix directory, then this will
blow away the old tcl libraries & executables, probably not what you
wanted.

You can do this, however, and then reinstall Tcl from Scriptics or
wherever.

In general, as others have pointed out, its probably better not to
install a new package in your standard install directory.  You can
generally configure the prefix to be some temporary location, install
there, and keep the build tree around, and then when you know you like
the new package, rerun the make install passing the prefix argument
for the permanent location.

Jim

--
Jim Ingham                                              jingham@redhat.com