Insight on MIPS

I just finished building Insight/GDB as a cross-debugger , hosted on
win32/NT, targeted for a MIPS R3000. I'm  amazed at how capable GDB and
Insight are together,
and I think Cygnus and the Insight developers/maintainers have done a
fantastic job.

I do have one question, more related to GDB and GCC. When I compile my
code , I've tried using -g , -gstabs+, -gelf. In all cases, it appears
that source line
number information is not being generated for all functions in the file.
As an example,
 I compile 'main.c' (using a GCC cross-compiler for MIPS/ELF) :

void main( void )
{
    foo( );
    foo2( );
}

void foo(void)
{
}

void foo2(void)
{
}

Then I do 'objdumpmips -j .text -d -l -S main.o'. What I see is that
line numbers
decorate main( ) and foo( ), but not foo2( ).  Trying to single step
into foo2( ) works,
but Insight says that the source line I'm stopped at corresponds to the
closing '}' of
'main( )'.

Any ideas about what's going on here?

        --thanks