Insight and com port problem

Hi,
I recently built Insight from the the snapshot (I am not sure if it's a release) insight-1999122.tar.bz2 for the ARM processor on a WIndows NT platform.
So far so good, the simulators works fine. I encounter problems while connecting Insight serially to the ARM Evaluation Board (Target ARM Angel). Sometimes a connection is made and a few single steps can be executed. It seems the com port hangs after receiving the copyright message from the AEB. Actually the program Insight sends a response packet but the transmission stops somewhere in the middle of the packet.
Obviously the AEB awaits the reception of the complete packet and will therefore wait forever.

I have checked some mail from the archive and read that some people where lucky by replacing cygwin1.dll by the latest version cygwin1-20.1.dll.  I am afraid luck is not on my side this time because it is still not working with this update. Has anyone experience and give me some hints / clues ?

Thanks,
Marcel Wust.