No C++ Source Code

I installed the insight debugger version offered at the cygwin site - a
pre-built version for cygwin under Win95/nt. I find that I can debug C
programs at the source level, but C++ programs only at the assembly
language level. Why is this? Is it a limitation, an old version, or is
there some installation step I need? To test it, I used simple "hello
world" programs - one for C and one for C++. I compiled and linked both
using gcc under cygwin-b20.1. Do I need to add a PATH variable for the
insight bin directory?