Re: problems installing on solaris

On 26 Oct, Erik Sobel wrote:
> Thanks for your responses.  I updated from 8.0.2 to 8.2, then re-installed
> insight, but still got the same error. I looked in
> /insight/tcl/library/init.tcl (not int.tcl) and found the proc
> tcl_findLibrary but I don't know which library it is supposed to end up in
> and whether it is on my path.

When you reinstalled, where did you reinstall? Is insight *really* using the
version you installed? You can see that by looking at the output of
configure. Also, make sure, when you recompile insight, that you remove all
information that may have remained from the previous build. To do so, try:

make distclean

and redo the configure/make cycle.

> I also verified that I have no TCL_LIBRARY or TK_LIBRARY variables in my
> environment.

Fair enough. This means that your setup is incorrect. I suggest that you do
something like:

./configure | tee Output

and if things don't work out, send the (compressed) Output to me or to the
list and maybe we can see something in there.

Penguin Power!

Laurent Duperval
CGI - FWFM Project
Phone: (514) 350-3368