Re: Installing insight

Alejandro,

On what system?

In general, we don't distribute built versions of these snapshots.  So
on Unix, you have to get the tar file, uncompress it somewhere, make
an object directory - usually at the same level, so you have:

~/work/src
~/work/obj

cd into obj, and do:

../src/configure --prefix=/usr/local

That will take a while, then do:

make all-gdb
make install-gdb

Those will take a while as well...

On Windows your best bet is to get Mumit's built binaries.  He has
instructions on how to install them.  They are at:

ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/ports/insight-19990727-cygb20.tar.gz

Of course the commercial versions of the GNUPro tools that Cygnus
SELLS have installers, etc.  Both CodeFusion and the "GNUPro for
Linux" product contain Insight, and come with easy installers.  These
are just for Linux currently, however.

Jim